Me

This is my place. Someplace I can go and kind of keep my thoughts, dreams, and anything about life in general. Whatever I want, I can say it here. If I don't want the public to view it, it will be made private. Take no offense if you cannot read something. Somethings are meant to be kept to ones self.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

First weekend full of baseball...

Well Dawson has had his first baseball tournament. It started with a game Thursday night, we won 11-1. It was an awesome game and our team, well they did phenomenal... Game two was Saturday at 1 (we won that one as well). We had to be back at the field for a game at 5. When we arrived, the other team was only in the top of the 4th and it had started to rain. Not only that but the coaches and umps were constantly arguing...it was horrible. They ended up calling the game because of the weather, it had finally started to pour. Our team was trying to give it a little bit of time to see if it would stop, they wanted to play soooooo bad. Well after waiting 2 1/2 hours and trying
to move to 2 other fields, they finally called our game as well. The kids were disappointed. They really wanted to play in the rain and slide in the mud...Lol! Us as parents were relieved. We just wanted to go home. We were cold, wet and tired. We were rescheduled for noon today (Sunday). Well we show up today and play game 3, and win. Game four was scheduled at 4. We get to leave to get a quick bite to eat and get back to field for game 4 (game 2 of the day). The kids were getting frustrated and a few late attitudes get in their way. We lost, but were still in the final 4 so had to move into game 5 (which was game 3 for the day). We had a very short break, and played game 5. It was not only a close game, but a really REALLY good game. We lost by 1 run in the final inning... The kids were a bit heartbroken, but the coach and all the parents kept reassuring them what an awesome job they had done, and they really did!

So needless to say, I got a little dose of what the summer is going to be like. Not tournaments exactly, but lots of baseball. It wasn't all that bad. The worse part about it was walking to the nasty bathrooms. I only have to go every 20 minutes or so and with 4 fields, and only one bathroom located in the middle of all the fields, it sucked having to walk there not only when I had to go, but when Dade also had to go....ugh.


Team in the dugout cheering their team mates who were batting on....


Safe!!!


Was that a ball or strike????

I am sooooo ready for Lily, but at the same time, not. Every time I walk, I feel like She is seriously right between my legs. That and my groin aches ALL the time. It constantly feels like I have a really bad pulled groin muscle, mainly in the left side...walking sucks, rolling over in bed really hurts and moving from a sitting to a standing position isn't really fun either. The contractions seem to be getting stronger and more often throughout the day. last night I started having really really bad back pain that radiated into my lower abdomen...which I was classifying as contractions. They weren't regular, but they did hurt. I seriously thought when we went to bed last night that I was going to be waking Chad up within a few hours to go to the hospital. Obviously that didn't happen. Part of me wishes it would have, but another part of me is secretly freaking out! Am I ready for baby number three? Can we handle another one? Can we afford it? How are our lives going to change? Am I going to be overly hormonal after the birth? Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I know that this is supposed to be normal but I don't like it. I have control issues and me not being in control is bugging the crap out of me. Lol!

Sorry about the rambling. I seem to be doing that a lot here lately. I will write more later. Gotta go. Darn contractions.....

1 comment:

Reagan said...

I felt the same way. There were several nights I thought I was going into labor just to wake up in the morning with no baby. And, I had mixed emotions about it too. That baby will be here before no time!