Me

This is my place. Someplace I can go and kind of keep my thoughts, dreams, and anything about life in general. Whatever I want, I can say it here. If I don't want the public to view it, it will be made private. Take no offense if you cannot read something. Somethings are meant to be kept to ones self.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Baseball is underway...

Today was Dade's first T-Ball practice. When I first arrived, I do have to say that it was a bit comical. All these wee little kids, out in the field, with their wee little gloves on trying to throw the ball back and forth. The kids were totally oblivious to what was going on. You had the one or two kids who you could tell had either played before or at least had parents who had played catch with them on a more serious note. So many kids almost got hit because they just had no clue to watch for the ball or to wait until their throwing partner was paying attention before throwing the ball to them...Lol! It will come to them all in due time.
Dade was so worried that they would throw the ball too fast for him. We kept trying to tell him he would be hitting the ball off of a tee, but I don't think he understood it at the time. He had so much fun once he got out there and you could tell by the look on his face. That is all I care about, is him having fun. Yeah, all parents want their kids to do well and win win win, but to me, especially when they are younger, they have to have fun!

Dade getting ready to hit the ball off the tee...
And he did it!! Yeah!!!

So between both the boys being in baseball/ t-ball this year, I might as well pitch a tent at the baseball field and live there for the next few months. Heck, the week I am due (let's hope Lily does come a week or two early...) Dawson alone has 4 games!

On a funny note, Chad literally showed up for the last 3 minutes of practice (and did get to see Dade bat) and now he is basically assistant coach, Lol! the coach was saying we had a field to practice on this Saturday, but he was going to be out of town and if we still wanted to get together to practice he would leave equipment with someone. Chad was basically the first to speak up and well, to sum it all up, is now assistant coach. He has always talked about wanting to be involved more with the kids in their activites, just didn't realize that this would be how it happened! Although he did say that he wasn't going to be the one to make the reminder practice phone calls or any of that sort of stuff...and since I am the one with the organizational skills (Lol!) then I basically got roped into doing that! I am the assistant coaches wife I guess! Lol!!

This is going to be a fun baseball season!!

No comments: