Me

This is my place. Someplace I can go and kind of keep my thoughts, dreams, and anything about life in general. Whatever I want, I can say it here. If I don't want the public to view it, it will be made private. Take no offense if you cannot read something. Somethings are meant to be kept to ones self.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

kids and being a MOM...

I love those nights that when the kids go to bed, they actually stay in bed and fall asleep without a peep. Too bad those nights didn't happen more often than, lets say, the nights where every five minutes you hear, "mommy, I'm thirsty", "can I take my blanket/shirt off?", can I go potty?", "I forgot to put (insert item here) in my bookbag?", "can I have another hug?".....or whatever pops into their heads at that moment. Of course this happens more when good ole dad isn't here. It's sometimes seems like they LOVE to push my buttons and see how much they can drive me insane in one single night. Well, some nights, it seems to almost push me over the edge. Tonight was one of those nights. I just wasn't in the mood for it to begin with. My mom took them out for ice cream, so I let them stay up an extra half hour to go with her, mainly because I know she misses them and hasn't seen them in a while. When they come home, they have no respect and don't listen to a simple order of "it is time to get ready for bed." Well, guess what. Now they earned themselves an early bedtime, and no credit for chores tonight. They didn't even have a chance to do them because they kept messing around while they were supposed to be getting ready for bed. Then to top it off, all the commotion after they got into bed.
Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my kids, but any parent would be lying if they were to say their kids NEVER drove them insane!! They don't drive me nuts all of the time, just sometimes.
The thing that gets me is, they don't act nearly as bad when Chad is home and that just straight pisses me off to a certain extent. They tend to walk all over me at times and I am fed up! Then they get mad at me when they get into trouble! Hello!! I just dish out the punishments as I see necessary. I didn't do whatever it was that got you into trouble. You made that choice. Get mad at yourself! Why is it that I bend over backwards for my kids and they don't even notice? I bet they would notice if I quit doing it. Sounds like a great idea, huh? Will I quit doing things for them. Nope.
I won't even pretend that I will, because I know I couldn't do that. I do things for them because mom's are the most unselfish creatures there are. We all do things for our kids before we would ever even think of ourselves. That is what we do. Because we are MOM'S! Mom's are always there for you to kiss your boo boo's, to lean on their shoulders to cry, to give out as many hugs and kisses as often as you'd like (or just little head pats if you are embarrassed by hugs and kisses ;)) I have to add that being a mom is the hardest and most underpaid job out there. If you are a mom, you know you agree with me. You don't get paid by money, but by good warm fuzzy feelings, watching them grow up, getting teary eyed when they go to school, when you see them make good smart choices and know that you helped instill that in them. That is why you become a mom and love it.

No comments: