
One of my favorite things about being a mom is all the cuddling and hugs you can get from your younger children. I was at families house today visiting (her daughter had spent the night with Dade) and Dade was playing with his cousin outside. We had been there for quite some time and Dade just decided to climb up in my lap, and lay with his arms around me and his head on my chest. A lot of kids do this when they are sick but I knew he wasn't. Jamie looked at me and was kind of shocked. She said she had never seen him do that. I reassured her that it was actually quite normal for Dade. He is a big cuddler when he wants to be and I absolutely LOVE it! Dawson, my oldest is way out of that stage. He barely even wants to give hugs anymore and heaven forbid if I ask for a kiss, especially in public!! Lol!! He will come up and out of the blue want a hug, and I always give it to him. I try not to deny my kids hugs and kisses (unless they are using as an excuse to get out of bed..Lol). Dawson's are fewer and far between, so I cherish every last one of them. I take advantage of all the cuddling and hugs and kisses that Dade dishes out, because before you know it, they are "too old" for all that kid stuff!! Dade will come up to Chad and I and reach to give us both big hugs and Dade's favorite thing to tell us is that we are the "Best parents in the (world/galaxy/city...etc)" and I love it when he can tell I am having a bad day and gives me a big hug and tells me I am the "Most beautiful mom ever", it always makes me smile and he knows it. That is why he says it, so that I will smile. All he wants is to be loved and love in return. He may get mad and throw a fit, but in the end, he'll climb up on my lap, give me a big hug and kiss, and cuddle. And I love every minute of it!


3 comments:
Macguines is getting to the age where he is embarrassed by hugs and kisses too, I guess you just have to soak it up while you can
:-)
Not that you need to publish this one, but just that you are looking for faith is a good thing. Everyone struggles with this from time to time, but knowing you have a Savior is what is important. Have a great day!
Awww....I think the cuddling is one of the things I'm looking forward to most. :-)
Post a Comment