Me

This is my place. Someplace I can go and kind of keep my thoughts, dreams, and anything about life in general. Whatever I want, I can say it here. If I don't want the public to view it, it will be made private. Take no offense if you cannot read something. Somethings are meant to be kept to ones self.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Lily turned 6 months and had her check up...

Lily turned 6 months, well the day we had to go to the hospital, on November 10th, 2008. She had her 6 month check up on the 13th. She weighs 16 lbs. 7 oz. and is 26 1/2 inches long and her head is 16 1/2 inches. She isn't as heavy as I expected ( I think cause by the time the boys were 6 months they weighed 20lbs...) They said she is still very long for her age, and her weight matches her height so that is good. Her head is still on the small side (no biggie) but it is gradually getting up to "normal" on the charts. She had to get her shots, plus I opted for the flu shot, so she had to get 4 shots in all, 2 in each leg and do the oral roto-virus vaccination. She barely even cried when they gave her her shots. She had her bink (since they wouldn't let me nurse her while she got her shots...that's what I did for Dade)so I think that helped her with soothing a little, plus as I held her arms I was down in and by her face shhhh-ing her and giving her little kisses and telling her it was almost done...she reached for me immediately and gave the nurse a mean look for just a moment and then gave her a bog smile. I was expecting her to be fussy on the day of her shots and then pretty much cry all day the day after, because that is what she has done for both her 2 and 4 month shots...and this time she didn't. She was barely fussy. She slept a little more the day of, but no biggie, that just meant I got to nap too. :-)

No comments: