We went to bed late, as usual. (Decided on some late night nookie...you know to try and get the baby out (Lol!). ) Chad fell asleep and I started to have some mild contractions, which was no big deal. I had been having contractions for weeks that had led to nothing. I timed them just in case though, cause you never know. At about 4:30 or 5 am, they started to get a little stronger, so I decided to get up and walk around. They tell you that if they still keep up and get regular then they may be real contractions. So I wanted to check that out. I got last minute stuff together for my hospital bag, got the boys' baseball uniforms together (since they both had games that next day), checked my email, and started to clean a bit. About 7 am I think, I woke Chad up telling him I think we needed to go to the hospital. He got the boys up, got the car loaded, called his brother and we got to the hospital between 8 and 9 am. They put me on the monitors and after a bit, although I the contractions were still pretty strong, they were no longer regular and I hadn't dilated or effaced any more. So I headed back home disappointed. I went home to get some rest and Chad took the boys to the ball field for Dawson's game at 1. I tried to get some sleep, but just as I had drifted off, the contractions started again at about 1:30 or so. Soon they were regular at about 6 or 7 minutes apart again and seemed to be a lot stronger. So, again I got up and walked around. This time, they definitely got stronger and were about 5 minutes apart so I called my Dr. again. She told me to wait until they were regular at 5 minutes apart for about 2 hours. At this point, it had only been about 30 minutes. The pain of the contractions seemed unbearable and I called Chad at the ball field. I was scared and didn't want to be at the house alone anymore. When he got home (after making arrangements for the boys) and I told him what the Dr said about waiting 2 hours, he said no, and I could call the Dr on the way, which I did. he then called back and had them call the hospital to have a wheelchair ready for me because there was no way I was going to be able to walk up to the 3rd floor. We got to the hospital (at 4:10pm), and a nurse wheeled me up to the 3rd floor while Chad parked the car. When they got me back into the room (the same one I was in earlier), they checked me and I was at 4 cm (instead of 3). If my water hadn't been broken at the house, it broke within a half hour of us being at the hospital. They had admitted me this time, instead of just observing me (YEAH!!!). They started my IV and gave me antibiotics (for the strep B that tested positive (no biggie)) and then some nubain (sp?) to take the edge off, but I only think it really made me kind of loopy... The nurse checked me again and i remember her saying something about getting the Dr. All I could think was epidural time...so I asked, and they replied, "oh honey, you don't have time for an epidural...she is ready..." Chad said the look on my face was complete and total horror. I remember thinking there was no way I was going to be able to have this baby without an epidural!! They started getting the bed ready and kept telling me NOT to push during my contractions, which were now coming so fast, they were basically one on top of another...I wanted to push so bad, I almost felt like I had to hold my breath to keep from pushing, but at the same time I HAD to breath... Everything was happening so fast that I couldn't think straight. they got me in the stirrups and all ready and said to push with the next contraction...time seemed to stop for just a moment and to me it seemed like the contractions had just stopped ...I just wasn't ready for this all natural!! The next contraction came and I pushed, but not really. I was holding back because I was flipping out on the inside! I finally pushed, I mean really pushed and Chad said it took like 3 pushes and Lily was here! I do remember feeling her come out and being relieved that it was over... it did hurt, i won't lie to you, but it was all over in an instant, and I didn't even tear!! next was the placenta...I don't remember this with the boys, mainly because I had the epidural...but apparently mine didn't want to leave me... I guess the problem was that my bladder was full and because of that, the placenta wasn't releasing which looked to me like it was causing a lot of blood (Chad said it flipped him out too)...but once she relieved my bladder, it was fine and the heavy bleeding stopped and the placenta came out as well...
Right after Lily was born, they put her on my chest while they started cleaning her. I was honestly in shock. I couldn't believe it had happened so fast. I couldn't believe I had my baby girl already. Plus I was still a little loopy from the Nubain, Lol! So that is the story as I remember it. I can now say that I have experienced natural child birth. Not that I want to do that again, but it wasn't horrible. It was over so fast, and now it is all just a memory and Lily Jade Parsons made it all worth it! (and I truly believe that sex will bring on labor!! lol!!)

Daddy has his little princess to go with his princes...

Wide awake...






1 comment:
Congratulations! She is so pretty, I'm sure we will be seeing lots of her around the ball fields!
See you soon!
Post a Comment